If you are interested in taking a tour we can arrange it for you. Do not hesitate to contact our reception department for more information. Whether in or out of the city, there is a big variety of worthy choices.
- The Kessariani Monastery, built within the forest of Mt. Ymittos, is within easy reach from the city centre. This 11th-century monastery was built on the ruins of a 6th-century church and features precious wall paintings that are excellent samples of Byzantine art.
- The Romantic Poseidon Temple at Cape Sounion. The temple, dating back to the 5th century BC, is built on a cliff top at the southern tip of the Attica Peninsula, offering a spectacular view of the Aegean Sea.
- The archaeological site of Vravron features a temple and other buildings dedicated to the worship of Artemis. There is also a small museum near the site.
- The ancient town of Thorikos, with one of the oldest theatres ever found built in the 6th century BC, and Lavrion, a major silver mining centre in ancient times.
- The Tomb of the Marathon Warriors serves each year as the starting point of the Athens Marathon Run. This was the site of the victorious battle of the Athenians and their allies against the invading Persians in 490BC.
- Full-day tours go to Delphi or to the archaeological sites of Argolis, i.e. Corinth, Mycenae, Nauplia and Epidaurus.
- One-day cruises to the Attica Islands of Aegina, Poros, Hydra and Spetses.